Tuesday, June 9, 2009

For Whom The Bell Tolls


Those damn bells!

A block away from me is an Italian Catholic church and EVERY morning at 8 am they ring the bells for ten minutes! Sometimes, without rhyme or reason, they ring them again at 11 am.

Because it's June and hot out I have the windows open. Because I live on the 9th floor of a highrise there's nothing to muffle the noise. Because it's 8 in the friggin morning those damn bells wake me up every day!

I'm about two blocks away from Preston Street which, in Ottawa, is called "Little Italy" and my question is: why do Italians insist on so much noise?

The past couple of nights I've been going to bed at 3 am. I haven't had to work and I've been trying to catch up on all the seasons of "Lost". I don't know why I've been unable to get a good night's sleep. Throughout the night I toss and turn and can't seem to fall asleep, but I do know that by the time the bells start making their racket I'm in dream land.

Those damn bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment